The mostly fun but sometimes trepid family who decided to add more children to their home.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Our first "CALL"

Yesterday we received our first "CALL" for placement of a 14 year old girl.  When I'm at work, I can't answer my cell, so they got ahold of Keegan, and he called me at work.  The girl's mother was going to be arrested.  I had a lot of questions (naturally), but the caseworker was going to call us back.  However, they found a relative placement.

While I'm a little sad, I think that for this particular placement, it may be better.  First off, we know that family is the best option for foster care if it's available.  Secondly,  I work in law enforcement.  Could you imagine having your mom arrested, the worst day of your life, and you're sitting in some stranger's house only to find out that the mom may have played a part in your mom's arrest?!?!  Or if the police are "the enemy" who took her mom away from her and put her in this situation, I would absolutely be "the enemy."

So maybe for this one it was better, but we are really excited to have our first placement.  Thus, we continue to wait for "the call." :)

No comments: